Appalachian State University's Department of Nursing will be regionally (nationally) recognized as a higher education organization that is innovative, inquiry-based and inclusive. Our focus is on the healthcare needs of society and of underserved populations.
The mission of the Department of Nursing at Appalachian State University is to prepare nurse leaders and providers advancing the nursing profession through education, scholarship and practice in service to the community.
- Leadership - Inspire, influence, shape
- Integrity - Authentic, trusted, credible
- Diversity - Variability, inclusivity
- Excellence - Distinctive, notable
- Innovation - Creative, visionary, agile
- A strong educational foundation is the basis (grounding) for excellence in nursing scholarship, teaching practices, clinical work, and community engagement.
- Nursing education is a lifelong process that encompasses degree programs, professional development, and reflective practices toward continued growth and resilience.
- Excellence in nursing science and care advancing the health and well-being of all people, our communities, our state, the region, and beyond.
- Nursing practice is based in compassion, respect, and value for the dignity and unique attributes of all people.