Michele L. Rudisill is a clinical faculty member in the Department of Nursing, joining Appalachian State University in 2020. Dr. Rudisill has been a nurse for over 29 years with experience primarily in emergency and trauma nursing at a large academic, tertiary healthcare center as well as working in smaller, rural emergency settings on an as needed basis. She also has pre-hospital experience working in emergency services as a paramedic.
- BSN with Distinction, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1993
- MSN, University of Phoenix, 2011
- MHA, University of Phoenix, 2011
- DNP, Gardner-Webb University, 2020
- Certificate in Nursing Education, UNC-CH, 2011
- Certificate in Legal Nurse Consulting, Duke University, 2013
- Certified Pediatric Emergency Nurse
Dr. Rudisill enjoys teaching clinically and experientially. She also teaches interprofessional development courses, such as ACLS and PALS, and nursing development courses, such as TNCC and ENPC. Dr. Rudisill’s professional interests include nursing communication and empowerment, quality and safety, and caring for the behavioral health patient in the emergency setting.
Dr. Rudisill enjoys spending time with her family; which includes her partner, Don and their dog Chuck. When not teaching, she enjoys spending quiet mornings on her mountain home deck drinking hot tea. She also enjoys reading and watching sports—especially the Carolina Tar Heels and the Carolina Hurricanes- and trying to make the world a better place, in general. She is relatively ‘new’ to Boone, however, but has roots at App as her mother and sister are both alumnae.
Courses Taught at Appalachian State University (Undergraduate):
- NUR 3302 - Fundamentals of Nursing Practice Lab/Clinical (3)
- NUR 3110 - Adult Health Nursing I Clinical (3)
- NUR 4112 - Adult Health Nursing III Clinical (3)
- NUR 4127 - Nursing Care of Childbearing Families, Women, and Children Clinical (3)
- NUR 3011 - Concepts of Professional Nursing (4) [WID]
- NUR 4029 - Nursing Leadership and Management (4)
Courses Taught at Appalachian State University (Graduate):
Title: Clinical Instructor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-8043
Fax: (828) 262-8066