Minimum Requirements for Admission
The deadline for application to the BSN Pre-Licensure program will be January 17, 2017 . Accepted students will begin the nursing program in the first summer session which begins each May.
All applicants must meet the following minimum admission requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on coursework taken at and transferred to Appalachian State University
- Admitted to Appalachian State University
- Completion of the ASU Nursing application.
- A grade of "C" or better in the following required courses or their equivalent:
- NUT 2202 Nutrition and Health
- PHL 2000 Philosophy, Society and Ethics
- PSY 1200 Psychology: Historical, Social and Scientific Foundations
- PSY 2210 Psychology of Human Growth and Development
- SOC 1000 The Sociological Perspective
- STT 1810 Basic Statistics
- BIO 2200 Human Microbiology
- CHE 1101 Introductory Chemistry I
- CHE 1110 Introductory Chemistry I Lab
- CHE 1102 Introductory Chemistry II
- CHE 1120 Introductory Chemistry II La
- ES 2031 Anatomy and Physiology I
- ES 2032 Anatomy and Physiology II
Documentation of a satisfactory health evaluation, signed by the student's healthcare practitioner, attesting to the applicant's physical and emotional health to provide nursing care. Forms will be sent to the applicants during the spring semester prior to beginning the program and must be completed and on file in the Department of Nursing in order for the student to receive final acceptance into the program.